Florida Health Care Association (FHCA) recently granted Cobenis Diaz, a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Palm Garden of Clearwater, the Bruce Taylor Scholarship Award.
This award was recently given to six front-line caregivers to help them achieve their goal of becoming nurses, with a total of $3,750 in scholarships. Diaz received $750 to go toward the LPN to Assistant Director of Nursing bridge program.
Each scholarship recipient is currently enrolled in a program to advance their clinical studies, has demonstrated a commitment to the residents entrusted to their care, shown leadership potential among their peers, and shared their personal story describing why they want to continue their education.
“Florida’s nursing center residents need more skilled caregivers, now more than ever,” said Emmett Reed, Chief Executive Officer of Florida Health Care Association. “We need more dedicated caregivers like Cobenis Diaz in our nursing centers, and FHCA is proud to support her journey to further her education.”
Other recipients of FHCA Bruce Taylor Scholarship Awards for the fall cycle are:
- Sylvia Ware, a certified nursing assistant (CNA) at Bardmoor Oaks Health & Rehabilitation Center in Largo, who received $750 to pursue a Registered Nurse (RN) degree;
- Barbara Hosler, an LPN at Menorah Life in St. Petersburg, who received $500 toward a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to RN bridge program;
- Tracye Miller, Admissions Assistant at Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Plantation, who received $500 to pursue an RN degree;
- Kelly Kelson, a Home Health Aide at Village on the Green in Longwood, who received $500 to pursue an LPN degree; and
- Leocadia Vargas, Housekeeping Laundry Director at Jackson Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center in Miami, who received $750 to pursue an RN degree.